MURAL PRICING STRATEGY PROCESS
Each project is unique and a custom work of art so a walk-through is generally needed to get an honest feel for the project. I will always work with a clients budget.
QUESTIONS TO ASK:
1. Is there a high level of detail involved? Is there a lot of simple sky color?
2. How big is the wall area (areas) in sq. ft.?
3. Is scaffolding or special equipment needed, what is condition of wall surface,
is the surface rough or smooth?
Is a UV protective clear-coat required, Anti-Graffiti coat?
4. Does mural require a lot of research and pre-sketches?
5. Is night work involved or a tight time schedule?
Although a number of factors go into pricing murals, below is a general guide to mural costs.
Price ranges below are per square feet:
Size in Square Feet
100 – 200
200 – 300
300 – 500
$35 – up
$30 – up
There is a minimum fee of $3,200 for all work
* All muralists are required by state law to be bonded, insured and be a licensed state contractor.
Licensed – Bonded – Insured
State Contractors License # 995011
1. We will brainstorm ideas you may want, colors, budget, deadlines, and any other thoughts you have.
2. I will show my portfolio, measure space, take pictures and then begin sketch ideas at home.
Next I will Draw up sketches and/or computer renderings with a time estimate. Studies and research of subject matter is included for historical or more complicated murals.
Sketches are important and are what you, the client, OK’s before the mural begins.
This eliminates doubts as to what the final mural resembles and any changes can be made before the actual full size mural begins. If a simple pencil sketch can get the idea across, there is usually no charge.
After you approve the sketch rendering, the contract is signed and a starting time is scheduled. There is a deposit required and a payment schedule will be arranged.
I am on a “First come/First served” basis and a reserve time slot is required because of the number of requests. No jobs are scheduled without a deposit and written contract.