How does mural pricing work and what does a mural cost?
Although each project is unique, there is a basic guide for the average client. I will always work with a clients budget though in most cases.
A wall mural quote is based on a price per square foot that can range from as low as $15 for simple graphics…. and up to $85 for “Mona Lisa’ quality.
PRICES ARE BASED ON:
1. Level of detail involved within the square foot area.
2. How large the wall area is.
3. Is scaffolding or special equipment needed and condition of wall surface.
Is a UV protective clear-coat required, Anti-Graffiti coat?
4. Does the mural require a lot of research and pre-sketches?
5. Is night work involved or a tight time schedule?
I am Licensed – Bonded – Insured State Contractors License # 995011
1. Email me pictures of the area to be painted along with any ideas you may have. Also the purpose or reason for a mural. I can also come up to the site to measure and discuss.
We will brainstorm ideas you may want, colors, budget, deadlines, and any other thoughts you have.
Next I will Draw up sketches and/or computer renderings with a time estimate. Studies and research of subject matter is included for historical or more complicated murals.
Sketches are important and are what the client, OK’s before the mural begins.
This eliminates doubts as to what the final mural resembles and any changes can be made before the actual full size mural begins. If a simple pencil sketch can get the idea across, there is usually no charge. For complicated murals there is a design fee.
After you approve the sketch rendering, the contract is signed and a starting time is scheduled. There is a deposit required and a payment schedule will be arranged.
I am on a “First come/First served” basis and a reserve time slot is required because of the number of requests. No jobs are scheduled without a deposit and written contract.
Anything under 100 sq. ft. is considered a painting. Whereas murals often have large areas with few details (sky, water, etc.), paintings are much more concentrated in details per sq. inch and are generally more complicated to paint. Style-wise, they can range from ABSTRACT to IMPRESSIONISTIC to HYPER-REALISTIC.